Pelvic Health Physical Therapy is a treatment offered to both men and women who suffer from pelvic floor dysfunctions including bladder/fecal incontinence, pelvic pain, organ prolapse, pre/post-pregnancy conditions, constipation, and sexual dysfunction which greatly impact quality of life.
The pelvic floor muscles are a group of muscles essential to support our internal organs and can weaken over time. They work in coordination with our abdominal muscles and diaphragm to promote internal support during dynamic activities, including running, lifting, and many other functional activities.
Weak pelvic floor muscles can lead to difficulty controlling bowel and bladder functions, or in extreme cases, can lead to organ prolapse. If you are experiencing any difficulty with the previously mentioned conditions, call us and see how physical therapy can help.
Benefits of Pelvic Health PT include:
- Stronger pelvic floor muscles
- Better mobility/lengthening of connective tissues that lead to dysfunction
- Decreased leakage and reliance on pads
- Increased tolerance to gynecological examination or intimacy with partner
- Better understanding/awareness of urgency to control urinary frequency
- Decreased constipation and pelvic pain