Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy is a treatment offered to both men and women who suffer from pelvic floor dysfunctions, including bladder/fecal incontinence, pelvic pain, organ prolapse, pre/post-pregnancy conditions, constipation, or sexual dysfunction which greatly impacts quality of life.
The pelvic floor muscles are a group of muscles essential to support our internal organs and can weaken over time. They work in coordination with our abdominal muscles and diaphragm to promote internal support during dynamic activities, including running, lifting, and other functional activities.
Weak pelvic floor muscles can lead to difficulty controlling bowel and bladder functions, or in extreme cases, can lead to organ prolapse. If you are experiencing any difficulty with the previously mentioned conditions, call us and see how physical therapy can help.
Benefits of Pelvic Floor Therapy include:
- Strengthening of pelvic floor muscles
- Better mobility/lengthening of connective tissues leading to dysfunction
- Decreased reliance on pad usage or decreased leakage
- Increased tolerance to gynecological examination or intimacy with partner
- Better understanding/awareness of urgency to control urinary frequency
- Decreased difficulty with constipation or pelvic pain